Students not presently teaching but who are interested in learning about yoga therapeutics are invited to attend the training although there will be some reading required prior to the beginning of the training.
Why Yoga Therapeutics?
-Therapeutic knowledge and skill empowers you as a teacher to know what to do when someone in your class has an injury or walks into class with a therapeutic issue.
-Therapeutic skills elevate your ability to construct and execute a healthier and more potent class.
-Therapeutic awareness deepens your overall sensitivity and versatility as a teacher.
The curriculum will cover a vast range of topics including:
• Yoga philosophy particularly as it relates to our capacity to heal
• Anatomy and biomechanics
• Sophisticated sequencing
• Optimal poses for a vast range of situations
• Masterful manual adjustments
• Student/ teacher relations
• Observation/Identification skills
• Teaching one on one vs. open classes
• How to motivate students to implement therapeutics
• Using therapeutics in public classes
• Use of props
• Breath work / Pranayama
• The importance of professional honesty, humility and integrity
• The business of yoga therapeutics
Weekends of September 29 and January 19
Friday 6 to 9 PM
Saturday 12 to 7 PM
Sunday 12 to 5:30 PM
$350 entire weekend
$650 both September & January weekends (30 hours total)
Regular Registration (after 8/4/17)
$450 entire weekend
$850 both September (9/29 to 10/1) and January (1/19 to 1/21) weekends (30 hours total)
Call 972-497-YOGA (9642) if you need assistance registering.
No refunds 30 days prior.